Incorporating dryland exercises to your swim workout is a surefire way to get your heart pumping! The added variety challenges your muscles differently than your usual back-and-forth swim workout – and it mixes up your typical routine.
If that sounds like just what you need, give this 30-minute swim and dryland workout a try!
This workout comes out to 1,000 yards or meters, but don’t let that fool you…it’s extremely challenging if you push yourself on the sprints!
1,000-Meter Swim Workout
Distance: 1,000 meters/yards
Duration: 30 minutes
- 1×200 Freestyle @ 4:00 Easy
- 4×25 Kick @ :30
- 2×25 Butterfly @ :50 with 5 push-ups after each 25
- 2×25 Backstroke @ :50 with 5 squats after each 25
- 2×25 Breaststroke @ :50 with 5 leg raises after each 25
- 2×25 Freestyle @ :50 with 5 Russian twists on each side after each 25
Main Set (3x – Descend by round)
- 1×100 Pull Endurance effort @ 2:00
- 2×25 Freestyle Race Race effort @ :50
2×25 Freestyle Silent Swimming
If you try this workout, let us know what you think in the comments! For Guided Swim Workouts, personalized Training Plans and 1-on-1 coaching, download the MySwimPro app! Save $35 on your first year of MySwimPro Coach with code SWIM35 >