On this episode of the #AskASwimPro show, we’re in Orlando, Florida at the Pan American Masters Swimming Championships with UANA President, Dale Neuburger!
Dale Neuburger is the Vice President of FINA (International Federation for swimming) and serves as the President of UANA (Union Americana de Natacion). He is also the Director of TSE Consulting with a client list that includes the United States Olympic Committee and 22 of its National Governing Bodies. He was Assistant Chef de Mission for the U.S. Olympic delegation in Athens and President of United States Aquatic Sports.
Union Americana de Natacion (UANA) was formed in 1948 during the Olympic Games in London. UANA is an organization with the purpose of organizing events and programming for aquatic sports in the Western Hemisphere. U.S. Masters Swimming, the national governing body for adult swimming in the United States, bid for and was awarded the Championship to be hosted at the YMCA Aquatic Center on the legendary International Drive in Orlando, Florida.
Read: What It’s Like To Race At The Pan American Masters Championships
Listen to the interview with Dale on SoundCloud:
- 0:32 – 2018 Pan Ams Overview!
- 1:05 – What is UANA?
- 2:07 – How has the aquatics and sports industry changed over the course of your swimming career?
- 2:21 – Technological advances in swimming.
- 2:50 – What are some highlights in swimming over your career?
- 3:50 – How has Michael Phelps’ 2008 Olympic Performance changed the sport of swimming?
- 4:50 – Can Michael Phelps be replaced? What’s next?
- 5:58 – What are the similarities between masters swimming and elite competitions?
- 7:05 – Masters swimming inspiration with athletes like Rowdy Gaines.
- 7:50 – 2020 Pan American Masters Games Preview!
- 8:44 – Projecting the sport of swimming in 2020, 2024, and 2028.
Learn more about the UANA: Union Americana de Natacion
“Companies like MySwimPro are creating technological advances for swimmers that were never there before. It gives athletes a lot of feedback and information that helps swimmers continue to be in the sport and swim faster and longer.” – Dale Neuburger, Vice President of FINA
Looking for swim workouts, tips and drills? Download the FREE MySwimPro app for iPhone and Android! If you have any questions about MySwimPro or swimming, send us an email!
We’d love to chat. Email us anytime at email@example.com.