Whether you want to swim faster, improve your endurance, lose weight, or focus on specific strokes, a structured training plan is the best way to get there.
In the MySwimPro app, you’ll receive a personalized Training Plan designed to help you achieve your goals.
Need some help with your app? Check out our Support site!
How to Follow a Training Plan on Your Android
How to Follow a Training Plan on Your iPhone
Personalize Your Account
After starting your free 30-day trial of MySwimPro ELITE:
- Go to your Profile, then tap ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘Workout Settings’ and then tap ‘Personalized Intervals’
- Enter your best times (or an estimate if you aren’t sure), and our DynamicSwim algorithm will customize every Workout in the app to your speed and Skill Level.
Start Your Recommended Training Plan
Explore your recommended Training Plans and take a look at the weekly Workouts for each plan. Choose a plan that will help you reach your goals.
Depending on the Training Plan you select, you’ll be committing to 4-12 weeks of Swim Workouts (and optional Dryland Workouts). We recommend following the schedule laid out in your Plan, and swimming at least every other day. But if you need to adjust, no worries! Work through the Plan at your own pace.
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Beginner Freestyle Fundamentals (4 weeks)
- Get Fit – Freestyle (6 weeks)
- Enhance Speed (8 weeks)
- Improve Endurance (8 weeks)
- Get Fit – IM (8 weeks)
- IMX Pro Challenge (10 weeks)
- 10k Challenge (10 weeks)
- 5k Open Water (12 weeks)
- Open Water Plan (12 weeks)
Start Your Plan
After selecting and subscribing to a Plan, you will find your next Swim Workout from the Plan along the top of the screen on the Coach tab.
Tap the Workout to review the Sets, edit the Workout, log it, or send it to your smartwatch.
If you want to customize your Workout, tap on the Set you want to edit and tap the Edit icon. Adjust intervals, Effort Levels, equipment, Reps, and more.
Once the Workout is ready to go, you can either:
- Print a PDF: Tap the ellipses (…) in the top right corner of the Workout and tap “Open PDF” to print it out
- Sync to Your Smartwatch: Tap the ellipses (…) and tap “Send to Watch”
- Do it the Old Fashioned Way: Write the Workout on a piece of paper or a whiteboard
After you swim the Workout, open the MySwimPro app on your phone to log your Swim and record all your split times. You’ll want to keep a log of your swim times to track your progress.
If you have a watch, this will happen automatically. You’ll also see other Analytics such as your split times, strokes per lap, and heart rate graphs.
Planning Your Next Workout
After you log your first swim of the Training Plan, you’ll see your next Workout featured on the top of your Coach screen.
If you want to swim more Workouts than what the plan recommends, try incorporating the fresh Workout of The Day into your weekly schedule!
Visit your Profile to see all your previous swims and view Analytics!
Our global community of swimmers is a great place to connect with thousands of other athletes to share ideas, motivate and encourage each other, and get advice. Join our Private Facebook Group and introduce yourself!