Proper kick technique can be tough to learn, but doing so pays dividends when it comes to your swimming speed and efficiency. If you’re frustrated during kick sets and feel like you’re going nowhere, the Kick Technique Bootcamp in the MySwimPro app is designed for you!
This Plan will help you get to the root of your kicking issues to improve your technique, speed and endurance.
Kick Technique Bootcamp Overview
- Workouts: 6 Swim Workouts, 4 optional Dryland Workouts
- Average Workout: 1,100 meters = 30 minutes
- Goal: Improve kick mechanics, speed and endurance
Who’s it for? This Plan is designed for a swimmer who is already completing several Workouts per week and would like to spend time focusing on their kick technique before moving on to advanced training.
How does it work? This Plan is rich with drills to help you refine your kick technique. Make sure to watch the Technique Videos to learn how to do each drill! Short fins are highly recommended. Complete the optional Dryland Workouts after your Swims or on days you don’t go to the pool.
What You’ll Work on in This Plan
Fundamentally, there are three core elements to improving your kick propulsion:
- 2-Directional Kicking: Kicking both ‘up’ and ‘down’ to engage all of the leg muscles.
- Train All 4 Planes: Front, right side, left side, and on your back.
- Flexibility: Focus on improving ankle mobility and building functional strength.
Sign up for MySwimPro Coach to unlock this Training Plan! Before you get started, check out these resources:
- The 5 Most Common Kicking Mistakes (and How to Fix Them) >
- How To Improve Your Underwater Dolphin Kick >
- 4 Ways to Swim Faster with Less Effort >
- Tips for a Perfect Streamline >
How to Train with MySwimPro
In the MySwimPro app, every Swim Workout and Training Plan is customized to your skill level. Head to the pool with confidence, knowing you’re getting exactly the training you need to reach your goals. As a MySwimPro member, you’ll unlock:
- Personalized Training Intervals that are tailored to your speed and automatically adjust as you get faster.
- A SetBar™ that shows your expected swim time vs. rest time for every Rep in a Set. This is a game changer if you’re new to interval training!
- A Workout Scaler that allows you to quickly increase or decrease the distance and duration of your Workout to make it fit your schedule.
- Compatibility with Apple and Garmin smartwatches. Sync your Workouts to your watch for Set-by-Set guidance!
- Detailed Analytics about every Workout, including splits, heart rate, SWOLF score, stroke rate, strokes per lap and more.
- Technique Videos explaining drills for all 4 strokes and dryland training technique, plus educational videos to help you improve your performance.
- A fresh Workout of the Day 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- The MySwimPro Workout Library, packed with hundreds Swim and Dryland Workouts.
Featured Training Plans
After you finish the Kick Technique Bootcamp, try these Training Plans!
Ready to get started? Open the MySwimPro app to get your personalized Training Plan >