Ready to master the individual medley? The Get Fit (IM) Training Plan in the MySwimPro app is designed to help you build strength, hone your technique and increase your endurance in all four strokes, with a fast 200 IM as your end goal.
Get Fit (IM) Training Plan Overview
- Workouts: 24 Swim Workouts, 16 optional Dryland Workouts
- Average Workout: 1,700 meters = 45 minutes
- Goal: Train/Race a 200 IM
Who’s it for? You swim a few times per week, mostly freestyle, and are ready to master butterfly, backstroke and breaststroke.
How does it work? This Plan will help you refine your technique and speed in all 4 strokes. Every other week, you’ll test your skills with an IM Challenge Workout. At the end of this Plan, you’ll be ready to swim a fast 200 IM! Complete the optional Dryland Workouts after your Swims or on days you don’t go to the pool.
Sign up for MySwimPro Coach to unlock this Training Plan! Before you get started, check out these resources:
- What is the Individual Medley? >
- How to Swim the 200 IM >
- Why You Should Swim All 4 Strokes Every Workout >
- How to Do a Breaststroke or Butterfly Turn >
- The 6 Most Important Swimming Metrics to Track >
How to Train with MySwimPro
In the MySwimPro app, every Swim Workout and Training Plan is customized to your Skill Level. Head to the pool with confidence, knowing you’re getting exactly the training you need to reach your goals. As a MySwimPro member, you’ll unlock:
- Personalized Training Intervals that are tailored to your speed and automatically adjust as you get faster.
- A SetBar™ that shows your expected swim time vs. rest time for every Rep in a Set. This is a game changer if you’re new to interval training!
- A Workout Scaler that allows you to quickly increase or decrease the distance and duration of your Workout to make it fit your schedule.
- Compatibility with Apple and Garmin smartwatches. Sync your Workouts to your watch for Set-by-Set guidance!
- Detailed Analytics about every Workout, including splits, heart rate, SWOLF score, stroke rate, strokes per lap and more.
- Technique Videos explaining drills for all 4 strokes and dryland training technique, plus educational videos to help you improve your performance.
- A fresh Workout of the Day 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- The MySwimPro Workout Library, packed with hundreds Swim and Dryland Workouts.
Featured Training Plans
After you’ve finished the Get Fit (IM) Training Plan, try these Plans!
- Podium Prep
- Enhance Speed
- Improve Endurance
- IMX Pro Challenge
- 10k Challenge
- 5k Open Water
- Open Water Plan
Ready to get started? Open the MySwimPro app to get your personalized Training Plan >
Having just completed the Improve Endurance 8 week plan, i’m looking forward to this Get Fit IM Plan. Though I generally only swim 2 days a week, I still flow through the plan. I have seen much improvement since I started.
Way to go, George!! Thank you so much for sharing this great feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying the training plans. Would you be interested in sharing your experience and being featured on our blog? If so, can you please fill out this short questionnaire? https://forms.gle/5CPiGSnmNkhuY9nL6
beginners program for 10 year