Ready to master freestyle? The Beginner Freestyle Training Plan in the MySwimPro app is designed to help you improve your technique and get used to structured swim training.
Beginner Freestyle Training Plan Overview
- Workouts: 8 Swim Workouts, 4 optional Dryland Workouts
- Average Workout: 800 meters = 25 minutes
- Goal: Improve freestyle efficiency
Who’s it for? You can swim freestyle, but need to improve fundamentals such as breathing before you start structured training.
How does it work? It’s time to improve your technique and challenge your aerobic capacity! Each Workout in this Plan has a unique technical focus to help you improve every aspect of your stroke. Complete the optional Dryland Workouts after your Swims or on days you don’t go to the pool.
Sign up for MySwimPro Coach to unlock this Training Plan. Before you get started, check out these resources:
MySwimPro helped Patty Deters find her smile again, lose 75lbs and manage her rheumatoid arthritis. Check out her incredible story!
How to Train with MySwimPro
In the MySwimPro app, every Swim Workout and Training Plan is customized to your skill level. Head to the pool with confidence, knowing you’re getting exactly the training you need to reach your goals. As a MySwimPro member, you’ll unlock:
- Personalized Training Intervals that are tailored to your speed and automatically adjust as you get faster.
- A SetBar™ that shows your expected swim time vs. rest time for every Rep in a Set. This is a game changer if you’re new to interval training!
- A Workout Scaler that allows you to quickly increase or decrease the distance and duration of your Workout to make it fit your schedule.
- Compatibility with Apple and Garmin smartwatches. Sync your Workouts to your watch for Set-by-Set guidance!
- Detailed Analytics about every Workout, including splits, heart rate, SWOLF score, stroke rate, strokes per lap and more.
- Technique Videos explaining drills for all 4 strokes and dryland training technique, plus educational videos to help you improve your performance.
- A fresh Workout of the Day 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- The MySwimPro Workout Library, packed with hundreds Swim and Dryland Workouts.
For more helpful tips, visit our Support Site.
Featured Training Plans
After you finish the Beginner Freestyle Training Plan, try these Training Plans!
Ready to get started? Open the MySwimPro app to get your personalized Training Plan >