Ready to master freestyle? The Beginner Freestyle Training Plan in the MySwimPro app is designed to help you improve your technique and get used to structured swim training.
Beginner Freestyle Training Plan Overview
- Workouts: 8 Swim Workouts, 4 optional Dryland Workouts
- Average Workout: 800 meters = 25 minutes
- Goal: Improve freestyle efficiency
Who’s it for? You can swim freestyle, but need to improve fundamentals such as breathing before you start structured training.
How does it work? It’s time to improve your technique and challenge your aerobic capacity! Each Workout in this Plan has a unique technical focus to help you improve every aspect of your stroke. Complete the optional Dryland Workouts after your Swims or on days you don’t go to the pool.
Sign up for MySwimPro Coach to unlock this Training Plan. Before you get started, check out these resources:
How to Swim 10% Faster in 4 Weeks
Why Swimming Non-Stop is Making You Slower
Why You Should Swim All 4 Strokes Every Workout
10 Beginner Swim Tips for Adults
MySwimPro helped Patty Deters find her smile again, lose 75lbs and manage her rheumatoid arthritis. Check out her incredible story!
How to Train with MySwimPro
In the MySwimPro app, every Swim Workout and Training Plan is customized to your skill level. Head to the pool with confidence, knowing you’re getting exactly the training you need to reach your goals. As a MySwimPro member, you’ll unlock:
- Personalized Training Intervals that are tailored to your speed and automatically adjust as you get faster.
- A SetBar™ that shows your expected swim time vs. rest time for every Rep in a Set. This is a game changer if you’re new to interval training!
- A Workout Scaler that allows you to quickly increase or decrease the distance and duration of your Workout to make it fit your schedule.
- Compatibility with Apple and Garmin smartwatches. Sync your Workouts to your watch for Set-by-Set guidance!
- Detailed Analytics about every Workout, including splits, heart rate, SWOLF score, stroke rate, strokes per lap and more.
- Technique Videos explaining drills for all 4 strokes and dryland training technique, plus educational videos to help you improve your performance.
- A fresh Workout of the Day 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- The MySwimPro Workout Library, packed with hundreds Swim and Dryland Workouts.
For more helpful tips, visit our Support Site.
Featured Training Plans
After you finish the Beginner Freestyle Training Plan, try these Training Plans!
Ready to get started? Open the MySwimPro app to get your personalized Training Plan >
Am an Triathlete having completed my three Ironman 70.3 & one Ironman140.6. My Swim timing for 3.8 Kms swim is 01:18:00 Mins. I and would like to bring down the time for the same swim distance in less than an hour.
Can you please suggest a suitable programme for my requirement?
Thanks & Regards.. Sampat
Confused about how info is recorded. Is it manually entered or transferred from watch. Do you track live and give feedback while swimming?
Hi Lonnie, great questions!
1. If you have a smartwatch paired with your account, the workout will load automatically on your watch. Just open your watch app, tap ‘Load Workout’ and you can choose either the last viewed workout or the next workout on your Training Plan. You’ll complete the swim with your watch and it will automatically record your time, distance, splits, heart rate, SWOLF score and strokes per lap. It will track this live, and you’ll be able to see the full graphs of the analytics after your swim on your phone (it syncs that data automatically to your phone app).
2. The only feedback or instruction that the app gives you during your swim is it will guide you through the workout set-by-set, it will act as your clock and will tell you which drills to do.
Hope this helps, thanks!
I’m a current member. I would like to watch the videos in my training plan on my PC before I go to the pool. I can’t seem to figure out how to login and see my training plan. Help?
Thank you for your message. We currently only offer a mobile and wearable app, so it is not accessible on a desktop. But please stay tuned, we might be building this in the future! For more questions or requests, please send us our CEO an email at email@example.com. Thanks!
Hi Susan, thanks for your question! Unfortunately, at this time we only have a mobile app so you can only log in and access your training content on your iPhone or Android. We are hoping to have a web-version by the end of the year. If you have any more specific questions or feature requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, and sorry about that!
You might find what you’re looking for on the My Swim Pro YouTube channel.
Can you help me? Please.
Which is the best watch to wear to track swims?
The sales people I have talked to in store are pretty useless with helping on information on proper swim watches!!!