Are you up for a challenge? The 10k Challenge is the most advanced Training Plan in the MySwimPro app and will test your mental and physical endurance. The Workouts in this Plan are comparable to training sessions elite swimmers complete.
10k Challenge Plan Overview
- Workouts: 40
- Average Workout: 6,000 meters = 100 minutes
- Goal: Complete 10,000-meter Workout
Who’s it for? You’re an experienced swimmer who trains three or more times per week. You may be training for a race, or simply want to improve your distance swimming skills.
How does it work? This Plan will test your endurance in freestyle and IM training. Each week builds on the week prior. This Plan includes one recovery week, followed by a significant increase in volume leading into the final 10 Workout. If you’re training for a 10k (or longer) race, it’s best to do this Plan and accommodate for an additional 2-3 weeks of taper afterward.
Sign up for MySwimPro Coach to unlock this Training Plan! Before you get started, check out these resources:
- 5 Ways to Pace for Distance Swimming >
- 5 Freestyle Drills for Advanced Swimmers >
- How to Swim Freestyle with Perfect Technique >
- The 6 Most Important Swimming Metrics to Track >
How to Train with MySwimPro
In the MySwimPro app, every Swim Workout and Training Plan is customized to your skill level. Head to the pool with confidence, knowing you’re getting exactly the training you need to reach your goals. As a MySwimPro member, you’ll unlock:
- Personalized Training Intervals that are tailored to your speed and automatically adjust as you get faster.
- A SetBar™ that shows your expected swim time vs. rest time for every Rep in a Set. This is a game changer if you’re new to interval training!
- A Workout Scaler that allows you to quickly increase or decrease the distance and duration of your Workout to make it fit your schedule.
- Compatibility with Apple and Garmin smartwatches. Sync your Workouts to your watch for Set-by-Set guidance!
- Detailed Analytics about every Workout, including splits, heart rate, SWOLF score, stroke rate, strokes per lap and more.
- Technique Videos explaining drills for all 4 strokes and dryland training technique, plus educational videos to help you improve your performance.
- A fresh Workout of the Day 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- The MySwimPro Workout Library, packed with hundreds Swim and Dryland Workouts.
Featured Training Plans
After you’ve finished the 10k Challenge, try these Training Plans!
Ready to get started? Open the MySwimPro app to get your personalized Training Plan >