Ready to start your weight loss journey? The Beginner Weight Loss Training Plan is designed to help you burn fat and get fit, while also improving your technique and aerobic conditioning. These low impact Swim Workouts are great for all fitness levels.
Beginner Weight Loss Training Plan Overview
- Workouts: 16 Swim Workouts, 8 Dryland Workouts
- Average Workout: 700 meters = 20-30 minutes
- Goal: Begin your weight loss journey with swimming!
Who’s it for? People who want to lose weight and build lifelong fitness in the pool.
How does it work? This Plan is designed to maximize calorie burn while also prioritizing proper technique, aerobic conditioning and endurance. Complete the optional Dryland Workouts after your Swims or on days you don’t go to the pool.
Sign up for MySwimPro Coach to unlock this Training Plan! Before you get started, check out these resources:
- 10 Health Benefits of Swimming >
- How to Lose Weight Swimming >
- How to Swim Freestyle with Perfect Technique >
Transform Your Health with MySwimPro
The MySwimPro app has helped over 1 million swimmers improve their technique, swim faster and reach their fitness goals. Check out these inspiring MySwimPro transformations!
How Mike lost 100lbs swimming 4x/week
How Patty lost 75lbs swimming with MySwimPro
How to Train with MySwimPro
In the MySwimPro app, every Swim Workout and Training Plan is customized to your Skill Level. Head to the pool with confidence, knowing you’re getting exactly the training you need to reach your goals. As a MySwimPro member, you’ll unlock:
- Personalized Training Intervals that are tailored to your speed and automatically adjust as you get faster.
- A SetBar™ that shows your expected swim time vs. rest time for every Rep in a Set. This is a game changer if you’re new to interval training!
- A Workout Scaler that allows you to quickly increase or decrease the distance and duration of your Workout to make it fit your schedule.
- Compatibility with Apple and Garmin smartwatches. Sync your Workouts to your watch for Set-by-Set guidance!
- Detailed Analytics about every Workout, including splits, heart rate, SWOLF score, stroke rate, strokes per lap and more.
- Technique Videos explaining drills for all 4 strokes and dryland training technique, plus educational videos to help you improve your performance.
- A fresh Workout of the Day 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- The MySwimPro Workout Library, packed with hundreds Swim and Dryland Workouts.
Featured Training Plans
After you finish the Beginner Weight Loss Training Plan, you may also enjoy these Training Plans!
Ready to get started? Open the MySwimPro app to get your personalized Training Plan >
What is the best way to keep track of my workout while at the pool?
Hi Jonathan, we recommend pairing your MySwimPro app with a smartwatch. The watch will guide you through the workout set-by-set and track all your laps and strokes. Learn more here: https://support.myswimpro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039144953-Compatible-Smartwatches-for-the-MySwimPro-App