Swim into the new year with a mission. It’s time to take your fitness journey to the next level and transform your swimming in 2021.
Join swimmers around the world and make a splash in the free January 2021 New Year Swim Challenge!
Commit to the challenge and set a goal to swim 15 workouts in January. Here is your chance to get in the best shape of your life!
How Do I Swim Smarter?
Dive into 2021 with a focused plan to swim smarter. What does that mean? Let us explain:
- Set Goals: Having a goal gives you something to work towards. Make it actionable, trackable, and achievable. Set a goal to swim 15 times in January. If you do not have access to a pool right now, log dryland workouts in the app! Take a step back and look at the entire month to plan what days you are going to swim. Having a plan helps you reach your goals! Keeping a log of each swim, and tracking your progress makes your goal much easier and attainable.
- Focus On Technique: Set aside time in every swim workout to focus on your stroke technique, kicking skills and body positioning. Before you swim, watch videos or read some articles on how to do this.
- Protect Your Time: During the week, you may feel stretched on time. Follow a plan that sets all your workouts ahead of time for you. This way, you are more able to fit them into your hectic schedule than you thought. You’ll know exactly what you’re doing for the week and how long each workout is.
- Stay Focused: By having a plan ahead of time, you know exactly what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it. One of the worst things that can happen, is to only swim when the mood hits you (or not at all). A plan will keep you focused on where you’re going.
- Stay Motivated: Connect with friends or family to keep you excited! Join the Global MySwimPro Community and you’ll feel inspired everyday. If you’re on Facebook, join our private accountability group on Facebook! By adhering to a weekly schedule, you may find that you are staying motivated between and during every session more so than if you didn’t have a plan. Seeing the entire plan laid out in front of you will help visualize success and keep you on track.
- Accountability: If you can’t swim with a team or coach, a MySwimPro training plan is for you! We are your accountability partners in this journey. A structured plan will keep your schedule in check and accountable to each and every workout.
Related: How To Swim Perfect Freestyle
Who Is The New Year Challenge For?
The New Year Swim Challenge is for swimmers everywhere, of all fitness levels. Whether you swim in a pool, a lake, or the ocean – we invite you to join us. This challenge is for beginner to elite swimmers who are familiar with swimming laps and want to start the new year off with higher intensity workouts.
You Swim Alone:
Perfect! The MySwimPro app gives you all the tools and resources to stay motivated, improve your technique, and be held accountable. It’s your new personal swim coach!
You Swim With a Team or Friends:
Perfect! Log all your swims in the MySwimPro app to join the leaderboard, and to track your progress in the feed. If it’s not logged in MySwimPro… it doesn’t count! Learn how to track your swims here.
How Do I Join The New Year Challenge?
Get the free MySwimPro app, now available in 9 languages on iPhone or Android, Apple Watch, and Garmin.
Visit the Feed tab in your mobile app, and tap on the New Year Swim Challenge. If you are ready to set a goal of swimming 15+ times in January 2021, smash that JOIN button!
Related: 20 Benefits of Swimming With MySwimPro
How Has MySwimPro Helped Swimmers?
Over 1 million swimmers have trained with MySwimPro to swim faster, improve their technique, get stronger, and gain more confidence than ever. Check out these awesome stories below!
“I don’t get bored swimming back and forth and more. Every day in the pool is different, and I feel so much healthier.”
Read Brian Jernigan’s story here.
“I fell back in love with swimming after 12 years off, and my health has completely transformed.”
Read Teresa Pérez Gavilán Robles’ story here.
“I have gained so much confidence thanks to MySwimPro”
Read Kristen Moninger’s story here.
“I had my best year of Masters Swimming by training with MySwimPro.”
Read Siphiwe Baleka’s story here.
Read more testimonials and inspiring stories here.
How Do I Use The MySwimPro App?
Get the free app on your iPhone or Android to access our digital community, custom workout creator, and swim log.
If you own a smartwatch, you can sync your account to seamlessly record all your swims, gather actionable data, and load your guided workouts on your wrist.
To participate in the 2021 New Year Challenge, you will log all of your swim workouts in the MySwimPro app on your mobile device or your synced smartwatch.
Related: How To Use The MySwimPro Apple Watch App
Stay Motivated & Join Our Global Community
What are you waiting for? Join the 2021 New Year Swim Challenge today and get started on your 15 workouts!
- Join our Private Facebook Group
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Instagram
- Read testimonials here
If you need some more support and workout ideas, start your free 30-day trial of MySwimPro to get unlimited access to our workout library, training plans, technique videos, analytics and more!
Is there a way to get plans using my laptop? I don’t use apps on phones. (Don’t have an Android or iPhone device.)
Hi P! Thanks for your questions. We only offer our workouts and training plans on smartphones and tablets. We do offer some free workout ideas on our blog though that you can try! Check them out here: https://myswimpro.com/blog/category/technique-training/
Great article! It’s a huge advantage to have a friend or your spouse swimming with you, even if you can’t have a group. This keeps you focused and motivated to continue the regimen.