Strengthen your upper body with this week’s dryland challenge! The 3 exercises in this circuit hit your shoulders, chest, triceps and core, building well-rounded strength for all 4 strokes.
- 12 Chair Dips
- 12 Push Ups
- 12 External Rotations on each side
Complete 12 reps of chair dips. With minimal rest, complete 12 push ups. Last, complete 12 external rotations on the right side, and then 12 external rotations on the left side. Rest 30-60 seconds, and repeat 2 more times!
To adjust the challenge for your skill level, try these options:
- Reduce Reps: Try 8 reps per exercise instead of 12
- Chair Dips: Bend your knees and plant your feet flat on the floor to reduce the amount of weight on your shoulders and hands
- Push Ups: Drop to your knees or place your hands on a table, counter or other elevated surface
- External Rotations: Reduce or remove the weight in your hand
If you’re advanced, try going for 5 or more rounds, or increase the reps to 16-20 per exercise.
How To: Chair Dips
How To: Push Ups
How To: External Rotations
Share your workout on social media using #MySwimProStrength for a chance to win prizes! Download the MySwimPro app to check out our dryland training plans, and start a free trial of our ELITE COACH subscription!