How often do you work on your flexibility? Proper mobility in your muscles and joins is just as important as strength. This week’s dryland challenge works on full body mobility!
Hold each stretch for 60 seconds. Try to complete 1-2 rounds!
- Hip Flexor Stretch – switch sides after 30 seconds
- Cobra Pose
- Shoulder Stretch – switch sides after 30 seconds
Find a space on the floor, using a yoga mat or towel if you’d like. Complete each stretch, resting as needed between stretches. Complete as many rounds as you’d like!
If you need to take this challenge down a notch, you have a few options:
- Reduce Interval: Try holding the stretches for 30 seconds instead of 60!
- Hip Flexor Stretch: If kneeling bothers your knees, do this stretch standing! Stand with one foot forward and the other about 12-24 inches behind. Lean forward slightly until you feel a stretch.
- Cobra Pose: If this pose is too intense, try dropping down to your elbows to reduce the intensity.
If you’re advanced, try completing 3-4 rounds of this challenge!
How To: Hip Flexor Stretch
How To: Cobra Pose
How To: Shoulder Stretch
Share your workout on social media using #MySwimProStrength for a chance to win prizes! Download the MySwimPro app to start a free trial of our ELITE COACH subscription and check out our dryland training plans!