When your usual swim routine starts feeling monotonous, it’s time to mix it up! And this 1,800-meter workout should do the trick.
In the true spirit of variety, this workout mixes different strokes and a bit of dryland in the Pre-Set to really get the blood flowing! In the Main Set, you’ll start with no equipment on the first round, and add fins and paddles in rounds two and three to up the ante.
Give this workout a shot, and let us know what you think in the comments!
Related: Try This 30-Minute Swim & Dryland Challenge
45-Minute Variety Swim Workout
- Distance: 1,800 yards/meters
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Equipment: Fins, paddles & snorkel
- 1 x 300 Freestyle @ 5:00 Every 3rd 25 Backstroke
- 4 x 50s Freestyle/Stroke by 25 @ 1:00
- 1 x 25 Butterfly + 5 Pushups @ 0:50
- 1 x 25 Backstroke + 5 Squats @ 0:50
- 1 x 25 Breaststroke + 5 Leg Raises @ 0:50
- 1 x 25 Freestyle + Russian Twists @ 0:50
Main Set (3x)
Round 1: No equipment, Round 2: Fins, Round 3: Fins & Paddles
- 1 x 200 Freestyle @ 4:00 Negative Split
- 4 x 25s Freestyle Descend 1-4 @ :30 (w/ Snorkel)
4 x 50s Freestyle Silent Swimming @ 1:00
Like this workout? For more just like it, plus personalized Training Plans and 1-on-1 coaching, download the MySwimPro app! Save $35 on your first year of training with code SWIM35 >